Sunday, May 25, 2014

Where There is a Will There is a Way



One issue many potential adoptive parents face is the high cost. I went to one meeting and there was a couple that seemed so defeated because they can't afford to pay for an adoption out of pocket. This experience was at the beginning of our decision making process. The look of defeat that was their face was how I was feeling.




I didn't want to stop there. I decided to do what I do best and consult Pinterest. Yes, I'm addicted to Pinterest. I also did key word searches on google. Whatever pages I found that might be relevant I added to my Pinterest adoption board (click here to view). My adoption board includes quite a few resources and advice on ways to raise funds, grants, loans and tax deductions once the adoption is finalized. The amount of information may seem overwhelming at first, but not all of the projects pertain to everyone. Eventually, an individualized list can be created of projects that will generate the most interest for those seeking adoption.

So, have hope. Keep the faith. And when you feel discouraged and need to put a smile on your face just click on the video below.




No comments:

Post a Comment